Boosting BioEconomy ecosystems
BioeconomyVentures is an EU funded programme that aims to grow an interconnected European network in bio-based industry by igniting a strategic collaboration between innovators and corporations in the bioeconomy domains, to ease and facilitate access to investors and finance in favour of sustainable development.
The Future of Food open call will run from 24 May to 26 July 2022, 5pm CEST (Brussels Time)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
BioeconomyVentures is looking for EU bio-based SME/Startups/Spin-off that want to access BioeconomyVentures services (both support access to funding and business growth) by applying cutting-edge solutions within the Bioeconomy domains addressing specific challenges set up by Corporations under the following sectors:
- Future of Food
- Future of Chemicals
- Future of Industrial Circularity
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The project aims to grow an interconnected EU network in bio-based industry by igniting a strategic collaboration between innovators and corporations, to ease and facilitate access to investors and finance in favor of sustainable development.
Three Open Calls for innovators will be launched in total with the purpose of promoting BioeconomyVentures services and staggering the entry of innovators into the pipeline to be able to offer them personalized and individualized attention, analyze their needs and offer them the most appropriate services in each case.
BioeconomyVentures will carefully select 65+ promising EU innovators to accelerate their development and to overcome the hurdles they face in terms of access to finance, business skills and networking.
The first open call for Innovators is focusing the Future of Food sector, and the challenges created are based on the following verticals:
- AgTech & FoodTech (Alternative Proteins)
- Aquaculture, Fishing & Algae
- Food, Feed, and Ingredients
- Hemp and Cannabis
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The dynamic programme is focused on providing custom and unique learning and development pathways based on the needs assessment. The programme accepts innovators from lab, pilot, demonstration, and commercial stages (please see Guidelines for Applicants for the specifics). Programme benefits for innovators are:
- Hybrid business and investment readiness support
- Networking opportunities and pitching events
- Matchmaking with investors and corporates
- The opportunity to address innovation challenges set by leading corporations
- Visibility and exposure through the BV Ambassador network
- Possibility to kick off long-term partnerships.
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY?
- Being based in one of the EU Member States or an H2020 Associated Country
- Being an SME/Startup/Spinoffs
- Sign up to BioeconomyVentures Platform and create your Innovator Profile
- Address one of the key innovation challenges
APPLICATION STEP BY STEP
The applications will be open from 24 May until 26 July 2022 (5pm CEST). The programme will accept around 65 Innovators. Follow the application process:
Step 1. Sign up to a BioeconomyVentures Matchmaking Platform
Step 2. Once signed up, you will receive a personal code
Step 3. Read the Guidelines for Applicants (the document will be shared soon)
Step 4. Create a profile on F6S Page (if you don’t have it already)
Step 5. Submit your application and use your personal code you received in Step 2 (Applications open by 24 May 2022!)
The programme is free of charge thanks to the funding of the Horizon Europe programme by the European Commission.
BioeconomyVentures will run two more Open Calls & Programmes:
– OC2 – Future of Chemicals (Nov to Dec 2022)
– OC3 – Future of Industrial Circularity (Feb to Mar 2023)